Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sincerely, The Management

My heart has always had a lot to say on the subject of you
Always been insatiably curious of you
My heart always wants to hold you

I would stifle it, strangle it, drown it if I could
That's the fear talking

But my heart insists, incoherent though it may sound (it's not)
You may have noticed

I could fill libraries with the words my heart shouts
But I censor them
Oh, how I fear the foolishness of my perceptions
Oh, how I must honor the holiness of my feelings
Oh, how many reasons why the moon hides

 I could stand your disinterest in my emotions, but
I couldn't stand to free them

I hold myself in contempt for holding my self back
But still I find myself begging to be kept silent

I've never felt so far away (it's so still here) and I was never close

No good to ask why I hadn't allowed it to carry on and wage war
Still, even now I don't want to fight
I just want to give in to my heart, to you

but


I would kill to prevent you from misunderstanding me

No comments:

Post a Comment