Sunday, November 7, 2010

oh how I want to know what you see and oh, tell me what you think

What scares me, about you, is the lack of fear that envelopes me. The utter openness and willingness to appear vulnerable or silly; to run up to the precipice and LEAP into the void.

Maybe I fear having to live up to how bold, brilliant and beautiful I feel under your gaze. And my flaws. . .
Don't think I don't know you get disgusted. How can I contain so much disgrace,
but yet I feel you see me with the (capacity?) for (perfection?)

(Do I fear living up to this? Do I fear seeing something and having the ability to try to make it so?
Will I be confined to what I see, do I have the poet's license? oh but the cold hard truth...
  burns in my blood like a taste of pure oxygen - and i know nothing but this very moment.)
Although, truth be told I don't exactly feel bold or brilliant; exceptional or beautiful.


In relation to you I turn into a singular source of light and energy. Burning and nourishing, yin and yang...
suddenly I am not just aware of the multitudes which I live with but blazing with life; I am the very thing that gives physical substance to the sun.
Doing away with my own shadow. Suddenly I am powerful, a driving force in the universe.

Maybe that's what I'm scared of. Not the multitudes, but how much brighter everything gets when I'm near you.
Like the light the dying see.


I pull back - who's in control
(123letgo letgo)

2 comments:

  1. Letting go seems like such a beautiful thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. feeling the sun warm your entire being ,as sun rises,the sun sets ,How even I believe ,all holds so much beauty when I am close to you

    ReplyDelete