Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nothing Does Something

This image of you I have created is flawed; has fluctuating mood swings, is vulnerable, hurt, wary, and sometimes a little mean.
 But those are just crumbling walls that I have built to keep from wandering into the depths that fear has painted with darkness.
I want to give you something to believe in, but your reality is remote from me and I don't know what I can offer you that would be of use.

I keep distances, out of respect and confusion; staying off your path. Still, finding your shadow passing over me in my quiet stillness.
My head plays at keeping us up in the clouds.
Stepping into the void with the nothing in mind, in order to give you space.

Bliss strays to the edges, brushing up against the cold grey fog and peering too closely at the eyes that look back.
I can't remember the right words to make it disappear.

I make sure the roots of my dreams are planted deep; I burn candles and let my self whisper fragments of stories that aren't ready to see the light.

Come closer, stay the night.
Show me how the day makes it back alive.

2 comments:

  1. Very well written ,will touch hearts ,spoken words that are Heard clearly ,taken to the Heart ,Blowing in the wind ,Your words ,take roots.How your hearts speaks and wants .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much!


    Oh, how my heart speaks and wants!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete