Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Mockingbird

You know
I don't need to tell you
You just like to hear it
Everyone needs to hear it
Often
You would like me to spell it out
Bring life to my hidden thoughts
I know you
Hold back

There are things I don't know
Things you refuse to share
For my safety, for my happiness
So I retain some modicum of faith
It's better that some things are
Left unsaid
I cannot cry, though drowning
Is imminent, death knows
All the prettiest things are only in the mind

These castles I've been dreaming
Only appear when I whisper in your ear

2 comments:

  1. I tried to share everything, but discovered things that can't be said.
    And when I put them into words they all come crashing down around me.

    So many things now better left unsaid, yet still I mutter to myself wandering through the hallways in these perfect castles in our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me the deep, dirty things best left in the dark. I want a basement.

    ReplyDelete